Get The Best Out Of Your Tan
Before Your Tan
- Shower and exfoliate on the day of your tan and avoid using products that contain essential oils.
- Hair removal (waxing/shaving) should be done no closer than 24 hours prior to your tanning session.
- Do not wear makeup, deodorant or oily skin products to the appointment and avoid moisturising 24 hours prior to your tan.
- Wear or bring loose, dark clothing and flip flops (avoid string vest tops and anything that clings to the skin).
- Paper thongs will be provided but if your prefer to wear something else, bring dark coloured swimwear or underwear.
Please read, understand the following:
- TAN VAN offers you the following for protection to use at your own discretion upon giving this advice – disposablepaper knickers, disposable eye protection, lip balm & disposable nasal protection provided in a ventilated room with disposable sticky feet and disposable hair net.
- Spray tanning is accomplished by application of a solution containing the active ingredient: DHA Dihydroxyacetone). DHA is considered to be safe and has been FDA approved only if you follow guidelines to protect mucous membranes. DHA should not be inhaled, ingested, or exposed to areas covered by mucous membranes including the lips, nose, and areas around the eye.
- The FDA advises the following should be protected from exposure: eyes and lips and all parts of the body covered by mucous membrane. DHA has been used for tanning purposes since the 1960’s and was approved by the FDA in 1973.
- I assume responsibility for any kind of allergic reaction I might have if I have chosen to have a spray tan without a patch test 24 hours prior to tanning.
- I understand that I am doing this spray tan treatment at my own risk as I have read all of the instructions about my Spray Tan Treatment and understand completely.
After Your Tan
- After your spray tan, wear loose, dark clothing and flip-flops to avoid transfer onto your clothing. Avoid wearing a bra. Keep your skin covered to prevent transfer onto fabrics when sitting.
- Don’t put your hands in water or get them wet as it will effect the development of your tan.
- Don’t touch your skin with your hands as the bronzer will transfer to your palms.
- Don’t wax / shave for 24 hours following treatment as this removes layers of skin and will remove your tan too.
- Avoid exercise or activity that might cause sweating during the first 4-8 hours after your tan is applied.
- Avoid sweating in bed to prevent transfer onto bed sheets